Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mixing things up

To reward myself for completing the first, boring sleeve on Sandpoint, I cast on for something smaller and a little more exciting.

This is Beret Genereux  and it will be Dave's grandma's Christmas present this year. I'm knitting it up in some Mochi Plus and Merino 5. I would have picked more exciting colours, but Dave wanted greys and browns. Thank goodness I have a pair of red socks on the go too - or everything would be dull and muddy right now.

7 comments:

kathy b said...

It will be a lovely understated beret!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Pretty pattern... And I like Dave's colour choices!

Anonymous said...

But, the stranding keeps things interesting. So it's not ALL muddy and grey. LOL

Love the patterning. Dave's grandma is going to LOVE it too.

Araignee said...

You are a present making machine! That hat would take me years....

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh that's lovely! How do you knit your colorwork? I do it two handed, but I have to practice more, my left (non-dominant hand) is way off on tension and speed to my right.

elns said...

A lovely pattern and I'm really pleased that you put something on the needles for yourself!

gayle said...

Ooooo what a great pattern! Good catch!
Your hat looks pretty from here. 8)