Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Great Spring Staycation: Day 4

Nothing too exciting today. It's cool and cloudy so I've mostly sat around in my pajamas watching movies with the cats.

And that meant knitting....
The first Sagittarius sock is off the needles. I think the only thing I love more than the stitch pattern on these socks
Is the subtle shades in the yarn. This it was makes yarn dyeing so fun!

Missandei is also growing, albeit slower than I'd like.
But she's too big to spread out on the needle (and I'm still on the first skein) so I've had to get creative with photos
Here's a closer look at the second chart...
And now a closer look at that lilac....
Isn't she just the prettiest lilac ever?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects AND a beautiful lilac. I love lilacs. Wish we could grown them here.

Araignee said...

That is a pretty lilac. I bet it smells heavenly.

Rachelle said...

Love the sock and the yarn colour; it's the hints of peacock in it that make it so wonderful.
Love the lilac, I'd love to grow some here as the scent is just so amazing!

kathy b said...

Now if we could knit the smell of the lilacs into your perfect shawl!

Unknown said...

What fancy socks!! Such a beautiful pattern! And the shawl is gorgeous...am anxious to see more photos as you progress. It's going to be a knock-out!

RobinH said...

Oh, you're having such fun! I just love that lilac. (I love lilacs in general- I have some perfume oil in lilac scent, it always reminds me of the house I grew up in, which had lilacs all around the yard.)

Unknown said...

So, what movies do the cats like? LOL. The younger dog likes to watch the dog shows. He will sometimes charge the TV and bark at the dogs. But most of the time he just sits there looking at the screen like he really is watching TV.