Thursday, May 14, 2015

Rose city

I'd only planned to add one rose to the garden this year but...
... when I moved the bird feeder away from the berries and the fence to the edge of the patio, I decided it would look silly with just one rose under it.

So...
"Chicago Peace" will be blooming there this summer.
Along with Mellow Yellow.

And....
For some reason, I just couldn't leave without Queen Elizabeth. She's taken up residence between the veggie garden and the berries.

It's going to be a beautiful, bloom-filled summer.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh ...... they are beautiful.

Last week there was a picture of Queen Elizabeth and she was wearing a pink suit just that color.
:-)

WildflowerWool said...

Lovely roses, I've grown Chicago Peace and Queen Elizabeth before. Great choices. I wish I had the room for roses!!

Araignee said...

So pretty! Your yard is going to smell great.

RobinH said...

Ooh, *gorgeous*! Had to laugh though, about Peno staking out the feeder!

kathy b said...

I am hoping for the same here. I don't grow long stems, but I LOVE their names.
I grow knock out roses in clusters. Reds and pinks this year. Cut them so low a month ago, that they are just filling in now. Blooms to come...I HOPE

Unknown said...

OH WOW... such beautiful roses. You have completed some awesome planting!

elns said...

Beautiful roses. Just lovely!

Delusional Knitter said...

Oh, love that Chicago Peace!!!! And I always love Peno!!!