Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bee-utiful!

Sunday was a busy day for me. On top of removing old shrubs and planting new ones - I revamped the bee garden a bit.

Last year it looks like this.
Just a straight rectangle down the side of the other fence in the backyard. I'd filled it with so much stuff, I needed to thin some things out and expand it a little. After an hour or so work... it looks like a completely different garden.
And it looks so much better. I only added two plants this year - the heather I showed a few weeks back and a couple Lavender plant
This particular lavender is called "Little Bee" so it couldn't be more fitting. I can't wait until it blooms fully.

And look at what else is going on
The Columbine has buds. Still guessing on what colour this will be.
Same with the Alpine Aster.
And once this one blooms, I might actually be able to figure out what the heck it is!

6 comments:

Araignee said...

Wow! What a difference!

Unknown said...

Your new gardens look great! (What a lot of work!) The new plants looks so healthy, and they will be beautiful to watch as they bloom and mature. Lovely work!

kathy b said...

I love your cartoon self in the sidebar.
You have really cleaned up the beds! I have to work on mine but its 50 and freezing cold outside.

WildflowerWool said...

Great garden! I've been working on mine too in between the rain.

Rachelle said...

The border makes a huge difference, so much better! Loving the new plants too.

Cat Lover said...

Your garden looks fantastic! We are doing the same thing. A day spent in the garden can make such a difference.