Sunday, April 19, 2015

Inch by inch

I love this time of year - the gardens seem to grow right before my eyes!
Just look at the front garden now! Lilies and tulips and daffies, oh my!
And the Turkistan tulips are almost ready to bloom.

Yesterday, the boys and I spent about an hour outside cleaning out the leaves and dead bits. That combined with the sun really has things perking up!
There are six of these Dianthan bunches in the tree garden.... they were suppose to be annuals. Sadly, there's no sign of the English Daisies or Violas that I planted that were suppose to be perennials... but I've not given up hope just yet.

Out back, the Bee garden is nice and green and tidy
I think I'm going to have a bumper crop of Columbine
There are three or four little bunches that seem to get bigger by the day. But I just realized... I have no idea what colour they will be - it was a pack of mixed seeds!

The pink rose seemed to weather winter well
She's starting to green up and sprout... but the white rose...
I'm worried I may have lost her. But we'll give her another week or two. Fingers crossed!

6 comments:

kathy b said...

I think Im going for some new KNOCK out pink roses this year in my rose area.....
Isn't it great that we made it through winter!

Delusional Knitter said...

I keep forgetting to check my rose bush. Its by the front door and we had a snow pile from the roof (and snow on the ground) that was about 6-8 feet tall ... I'm wondering if it was crushed, I keep forgetting to look when I leave/enter the house ...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I'm trying to decide whether winter killed off a barberry bush in the front garden and a Japanese Maple in the back. I guess we'll see in a few weeks!

In the meantime my crocuses are blooming!

Araignee said...

My roses look pretty dead too. They never do much in the shade but they do come back. Maybe not this year. Two years in a row of artic cold may have done them in for good.
Mother's Day is the day for planting annuals around here but the stores are full of them already. I'm looking forward to some color this year so I better go get some before they are all gone.

Donna said...

I walked around the yard this weekend to take pictures of all things green that were coming out of the ground. I'll probably post about it tomorrow. It's a nice time of the year!

Unknown said...

Looking good!! I'm anxious for the spring flowers to start popping out here!