Monday, February 9, 2015

Simply knit

With all the shuffling of renting a car, getting back to work, getting my own car back, and running all the errands I couldn't do when I didn't have a car, there hasn't been a tonne of time to knit over the last few days.  At least it hasn't seemed like that. But magically, Color Affection is growing...
So much so that I can't spread it out on the needle to show you the whole thing (and it's a LONG needle!)
Each short row eats up four stitches. And as you can see, there's not that much left to eat up. After that - it's just a few rows of straight burgundy and this puppy is done!

I can't stretch out the whole thing, but I can stretch out the middle to show you how nicely the colours are playing together.
It took me forever to decide which colours to use (and I even made some last minute changes), but I'm so glad I chose these ones.

I figured I'd be bored out of mind with this knit. I'm not a huge garter stitch fan. But the colour changes and short rows are keeping me from going batty. And I think perhaps, in the face of all the chaos going on elsewhere in my life, I needed a bit of simplicity.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Ooh, it's so pretty!!

Delusional Knitter said...

Its beautiful! I think that's why I haven't knit one yet ... can't decide on the colors...

Unknown said...

It has grown quickly!! It will be fun to see it all spread out once it's off the needles.

elns said...

This looks wonderful! I'm glad you are enjoying the miles of garter stitch! Color changes keep it fun and you're such a fast (and quality) knitter!

Donna said...

I enjoyed Color Affection too. I really want to make another one. I love the colors you chose for yours. Happy knitting!