Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Treasures

When I was up at Mom's on the weekend, she mentioned that she had some boxes of dishes and stuff that once belonged to my great grandmother. We took a quick peek through them and I ended up  with a few new treasures.
A pretty little plate that goes quite well with my current set. I thought it would be nice to use as a serving tray.

There was also a couple of gravy boats (we had a good laugh over that... they'd been sitting in Mom's house all this time...)
I brought this cute little one adorned with acorns and oak leaves home with me. It's about half the size of the one Mom gave me for my birthday. It's like gravy for one! (Which is perfect for when I make roast chicken because Dave is the only one of us who likes gravy on his chicken). I'm thinking I might start a gravy boat collection!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

That plate is really pretty.

A gravy boat collection would be neat. You'll need a shelf to display them all (over time).

kathy b said...

Great finds.
Yes start a gravy boat collection!!! How fun

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Cute! I've finally picked a China pattern - Kate Spade Fair Harbor Bittersweet!

Araignee said...

I had to go back and read the gravy boat adventure. It sounds like our family. My sisters and I are always fighting over Daddio's stuff. When the time comes, it won't be pretty.

Anonymous said...

I vote for a gravy boat collection. I'm sure there are many cute ones out there just waiting for you.

Love that plate....very cute.

Unknown said...

Both are wonderful pieces. Great finds!

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful plate ... I can't believe there was a gravy boat there the whole time, LOL!!! BTW - I like gravy on chicken too!