Friday, September 12, 2014

Solo knits

She's done!
Again - sorry for the photo quality, but my only blocking facilities are in a dank, dark basement. But can I just say, I love blocking lace.
I just love how everything opens up! As you can see, this one is heavily beaded - almost 100 grams, so it's got a really nice weight to it. My knit-on edge worked perfectly...
And I couldn't be more pleased with it. But after I finished it, the cast on edge just looked a little odd. So I added some last-minute whimsy to it.
A few little leaf tassels.

Better pictures will follow when she's dry - but in the meantime, I have to go reacquaint myself with Eve!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to see lace open up, too, when it's time to block it. That is simply lovely!! I'm curious how the little leaf tassels are going to look, so I'm anxious for the next pictures.

Araignee said...

That is just gorgeous!

Rachelle said...

It's going to look stunning in peacock I think; working on getting my current shawl finished so I can clear the needles for that shawl!

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful! Love the tassels and oh so many beads!