Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Out of the frying pan into the fire

I decided I needed a little break from Lestrange. I only managed to complete three rows on her last night and it made me sad - I think I'll leave her to weekends and nights when I can devote more time

Instead, I turned myself to a project long overdue.

Before the move last year, my bead/jewellry supply collection was in sad need of organization. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time to tackle it before the move, so it all got thrown willy nilly into boxes, and sadly today it looks like this
(and there's three boxes like that!). But, a coworker has commissioned me to make some jewellry for her family members in Ireland - and she flies out in August, so I had to get it in order.

I figured tonight was as good a night as any to start. I've made some decent progress, but it's definitely not going to be done in one night. Especially with helpers like this.
Thanks Rocky. That totally helps....

In other news, I recently ordered some custom fabric labels. As mentioned, I plan on making project bags for the shop, but I wanted to add something to brand them up a little.
They arrived today, so once the beading mess is cleared away, production shall begin!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I love those fabric labels! I definitely recognise the cat help; my girls sit in the middle of fabric as I'm trying to lay it out for cutting, I'm just waiting for one to help me with warping up; that'll be fun!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

"brand them up" LOL!

Cute labels. My friend's into weaving and I was thinking about designing some labels for her for Christmas. Any tips?

Araignee said...

I can't wait to see what comes of all this!